Saturday, September 1, 2012

Death & Heaven

A good friend passed away this past month. Her funeral is today.  I only knew Ida a short time.  She is a really neat lady.  I met her through a friend, Safire.  She used to be Safire's neighbor and I met her at Safire's house.  She joined our church last December and I was able to spend more time with her & get to really know her.  While I will miss seeing her at least weekly at church I know she is in a good place. 
 
She had cancer and was going through chemotherapy.  She had beaten cancer previously and it had returned with a vigor.  She decided to stop chemotherapy because it was making her too sick.  She ended up in a great deal of pain.  I am grateful that she is no longer in pain.  I know she is in a good place.  I know she is with her family and with our Father in Heaven.  I know she is doing good works for our Father.
 
I wanted to take this time to share my thoughts on life after death.  I grew up learning about Heaven and always believed my parents/teachers.  In 1998 my brother, Jon, was killed in a car accident.  Jon was 21 years old. 
He liked to sleep in his closet as a young boy
 
 
At that time, I had the opportunity to figure out if I really had a testimony.  I prayed a lot in the week(s) following Jon's death.  I came to know where Jon is.  I know he is in Heaven teaching about Christ.  Jon had talked about the possibility of going on a mission.  I came to know that he is with our Father in Heaven and my grandparents.  I know that one day we will be together again.  My parents were sealed in the temple and through their sealing I am sealed to Jon.  I try daily to live my life in such a way that I will be able to live with my Father in Heaven and my brother Jon again.
 
I hope Jon gets to meet Ida.  I'm sure they would be friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment