Friday, June 29, 2012

Very Hot Day - Let's Play Games! & Emmie's having fun!

It's really hot today! Much too hot to go outside! We're trying to stay cool while having fun.

First we played Blokus (the kids have played this before, but I hadn't). I did rather well. G & I tied with only 14 tiles left.  After Blokus we got into a game of Risk. I think the game board has changed since my older brother & I used to play as kids in Virginia. I guess that makes sense as names and borders of countries have changed.

Land war between G & T

We gave up after a few hours as it was getting just too hot inside.  Our a/c doesn't work very well.  We live on the top floor on the west side of our building (4th floor).  We get the sun all afternoon.  I had heard from a friend that the high today was supposed to be around 103°.  We decided to go to my Mom's house & enjoy her air conditioning.  On the way over there the car showed the outside temperature to be 100°.

We stayed at Mom's a few hours then headed home.  BTW - it was 75° in Mom's house and felt soooooooooo good!  We had to leave at 4:30 because Rosie had a babysitting job for a neighbor.  Due to the excessive heat, I didn't want to have to turn on the oven or stove to make dinner so we stopped for a quick dinner at McDonald's (3 of us had salads) and headed home.  The outside temperature showed it was 103°!  I have lived in MD since 1977 and I cannot ever remember it being so hot in June!

Outside Temperature 4:30 PM ish

On another note, Emmie is in UT & having fun.  Heather is visiting from Carnation, WA & playing tourist.  Emmie is hanging with my sisters & their kids.  Today they went to the Bingham Copper Mine.  I can remember going there as a child every few years when we would go visit family in UT.  Here is a picture my sister sent to me.


She also sent me this one.  I can remember as kids playing in one of these tires at the Copper Mine and having our picture taken. I'll have to look for it.


Yesterday they were in Salt Lake City visiting Temple Square.  My sister sent me this picture of Emmie in the Visitor's Center.  I have various pictures of my family in front of the same statue.


This weekend is supposed to be rather hot.  Hopefully we'll do okay.  I'm ready for fall already!

No comments:

Post a Comment