Monday, July 2, 2012

Interesting Neighbor

We have the most interesting neighbor, "Nina". She lives in the condo next to ours.  We rarely ever see her.  I used to drive her around on errands almost weekly.  This was many years ago.  In the last few years we rarely ever see her.  She only goes out very early in the morning (5 AM).  I have seen her occasionally coming home when I leave to take my children to Seminary.  She has a daughter the same age as my Rosie.  Her daughter "Lizzie" even says her Mom is weird. 

Whenever Nina is going to be out she keeps Lizzie home from school so the "house won't be alone". She gets many food deliveries: Chinese food, Spanish food, Pizza, etc.. We've seen her when she was getting pizza delivered. She has the pizza guy turn the box sideways & slide it through a small space between the door & the frame.  What's up with that?  This way one side of the pizza will have almost all the cheese on it and the other side will be rather empty.

She subscribes to the Sunday paper. She doesn't take it in until about Wednesday. She gets her groceries delivered by Peapod (very early in the AM). I've had my groceries delivered by Peapod before. (BTW -  they are awesome!) They will bring the groceries into your house & put them wherever you want. This morning I went out & saw this at her house.


Today is Monday.  That is Sunday morning's paper at her door.  Those are Peapod bags by the door.  As usual she must have had the delivery person just leave them there.  She probably opened the door about 1 inch to sign the paperwork.  She will not take them in whenever there is anyone else in the hallway.  I was standing by the elevator when I took this picture.

She seems like a very nice lady, just a bit on the weird side.

No comments:

Post a Comment