Monday, July 30, 2012

Air & Space

My nutritionist told me that I needed to walk more.  She requested I walk at least 30 minutes a day for health and work up to an hour.  When I asked for suggestions on where to walk, I don't to so well on hills and still worry about falling over my own feet, she recommended taking my kids to some of the museums or sights in the area.  When I mentioned this to my children they were excited about the idea. 

There is a "new" Air & Space museum in our area.  I say it's new because I hadn't been there.  Essie & Rosie had been there over a year ago. We decided we should go.  It was a bit far and we had to pay $15 to park! 

We invited Geneva & Vicky but only Vicky came with us.  T, G & Rosie didn't want to stay with us so I let them go off on their own & we met back after a few hours.  I was able to get the pictures from the kids that they took and Essie & I also took some.  Here's a brief glimpse of our time there.  (BTW - I walked 2 hours that day!)

Anthony (T) & R2D2 Mailbox

Essie

Vicky

Joshua! No Touching the exhibits!

Anthony resting on the Space Shuttle

All T can find in the gift shop that he likes is a book on math

Rosie

Joshua (G) pointing out some air & space

Joshua

Joshua & Anthony using up some of the extra space

1 comment:

  1. Walking is good! We could always get together and walk Lakeforest if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete