Friday, July 13, 2012

Target & the Cutest Lipbalms

I have become enamored with Target's Dollar Spot. My children would always stop there on the way into the store. At first it really annoyed me. I mean, come on, most dollar stuff is just junk, right? From what I saw it looked like stupid, cheap junk! I would think, "Come on, we just got to the store & you've got to spend your money already."



As time went on I noticed Emmie & Rosie would have on the cutest socks (that I wouldn't recognize as something I had purchased for them). Whenever I would inquire as to whose they were I was always told, "Oh, I bought them at Target's Dollar Spot."






Now you should know that Essie was always searching for socks.  No matter how many packs I would buy for her she could never find a pair. I was very frustrated about the lack of sock situation and had finally told her to just go without. Oftentimes she would go sockless with her tennis shoes. This, of course, leads to ultra-stinky shoes & feet. Kids at school are also really cruel & love to tease. (not that any of that fazed Essie)

I decided it was time to visit the Dollar Spot.  And . . . oh what a wonderful "spot" it was! Yes, there was lots of stupid, cheap junk. Intermixed within the "junk" were some treasures. Since that first visit to the "spot" I never go into Target without first browsing the "spot".

Essie now owns many pairs of socks. She doesn't lose as many (is it because they're cute or just that she's growing up?), and always has a matching pair to wear with her tennis shoes. I don't mind browsing through the socks every visit & spending a few dollars on something cute.

Socks is not the only thing I've found in there that's been worth buying. They often have a fun snack (although not very healthy). Emmie & I found small bags of cotton candy a few times, Yum! I've also found small bags of Combos that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. (I'm sure I could buy a case of them at Costco or Sam's but then I'd have an entire case tempting CB & I to eat them as opposed to a pack or 2).

I have also found some small baskets. I LOVE organizing! Anytime I find an organizational tool, that isn't too expensive, I'll buy it. (Dollar Tree is one of my favorite places to shop. I always leave with some sort of bin, basket or storage "tool".)

My favorite thing so far at the Target Dollar Spot has been lip balm (chapstick).

Cute chapsticks from Target Dollar Spot

 I cannot stand dry, chapped lips. We found the cutest lipbalms! I have even gone back & bought extras (you never know when items will come & go from the "spot"). I have shared some with the Tecky girls (G & V). The other day when Rosie, Essie & I were out shopping we found the creme de la creme of cute lipbalms.

Mountain Dew chapstick


Isn't it just so cute. Okay, I am a bit obsessed with Mountain Dew. I didn't used to be. It was one of my brother, Jon's, favorite drinks. Ever since he passed away (November 1998) it has become my soda of choice. My sister, Tammy, started leaving a can or bottle at his grave. I had dranken it before but not regularly. I started buying it, when I should get a good price, and came to realize that I really enjoy it from a can (and occasionally from a 20 ounce bottle).  (I'll have to put post about my soda crazies sometime)

Anyway . . . if you have a Target nearby check out their Dollar Spot. You might find a treasure. If you go once (or have been there before & found nothing) and don't find anything worth buying, don't discount it as a place not to check again. I've gone in there & struck-out multiple times. They are constantly changing the stuff in there, go again & again. You just might find a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment