Wednesday, July 18, 2012

G & T Can Ride

Okay, here's one of my bad mommy things.  I never taught my kids to ride a bike.  We live in a condo on the 4th floor of the building.  There is no play area near our building.  It's not a complex, but an individual building on a "regular" street.  A lot of the houses near us are now businesses. When my children were young I was a Newspaper carrier and often tired.  Since there really was no where to let the kids play outside we had to go to parks to get our outdoor time.  I really did not want to cart bikes around.  We also did not have a place to store them other than insde our Unit.
 
CB & I did buy a bike for Emmie when she was 5.  She never really got the hang of it and no one else ever wanted to try riding it. 
 
This year the Young Men in our church for their High Adventure activity are going on a MAJOR bike ride (like 180 miles w/backpacks)!  My sons do not ride.  They didn't even mention this to us, just told us that they were not planning on going on the High Adventure activity.  Enter James Perez, an awesome Young Men's President.  After talking it over with my sons they decided it was time to learn to ride.  James brought an extra bike & had Mike Rogers (another excellent YM leader) bring one as well.  Long story short, they can now ride bikes!  They are definately not ready to go on a long bike ride with backpacks but they know how to ride! When I went to pick them up Essie & I snapped a bunch of pictures.  Here are a few. . .




 

No comments:

Post a Comment